Andaman Bird Watching Tour
4 Nights / 5 Days
|Price (Starting From)
||USD 1100 Per Person
||Depends upon group size
Bird Watching with trained and certified guides.
The Andaman & Nicobar Islands are home to over 240 species of birds, of which 18 are endemic. All the endemic birds are forest-dwelling species; some appear quite commonly in disturbed forest and have been recorded near the capital, Port Blair.
In the Andamans, one does not necessarily need to be an expert or have trained eye to spot and admire some of these fine feathered fellows. Given the dense canopy of forests, the mangrove ecosystem and the wide array of tropical fruits, birds here are easy to spot even from the balcony of your cottage.
A trek, a pair of binoculars, some patience and a good guide will have you awe struck at the sheer beauty and uniqueness of the endemic species that have evolved on these stunning islands.
Day 1: Port Blair - Mount Harriet National Park
Arrive at Port Blair by the early morning flight to start the Andaman Endemic Birding Tour. Meet & assist at the airport. We will bird around Mount Harriet National Park, a tropical moist evergreen forest. Should sight Andaman Woodpecker, Andaman Wood Pigeon, Andaman Cuckoo Dove , Andaman Crake, Fulvous-breasted Woodpecker, Dollarbird, Collared Kingfisher, Brown Coucal, Alexandrine Parakeet, Red-breasted Parakeet, Red-breasted Parakeet, Pintail Snipe, White-bellied Sea Eagle, Andaman Treepie , Black-naped Oriole Andaman Drongo, Orange-headed Thrush, Olive backed Sunbird, White-headed Starling.
Day 2: Port Blair - Chidya Tapu
Very early morning trip to Chidiya Tapu, a patch of moist evergreen forest located to the South of Port Blair and excellent for birding. The track for birding starts 4 km before Chidiya Tapu and 2 km along the seashore forest. Should sight the Andaman Woodpecker, Andaman Crake, Andaman Treepie, Andaman Serpent Eagle, Black-naped Oriole, Andaman Drongo, Olive backed Sunbird, White-headed Starling, Fulvous-breasted Woodpecker, Stork-billed Kingfisher, White-throated Kingfisher, Collared Kingfisher, Chestnut-headed Bee-eater, Brown Coucal, Alexandrine Parakeet, Red-breasted Parakeet, Red-breasted Parakeet.
Day 3: Port Blair - Sippighat
Very early morning drive towards Sippighat, located to the South of Port Blair. The area is a marshy wetland and good for sightings of water birds & waders. Should sight the Andaman Scops Owl , Andaman Hawk Owl, Sunda Teal, Fulvous-breasted Woodpecker, Blue-eared Kingfisher, Stork-billed Kingfisher, Collared Kingfisher, White-throated Kingfisher, Chestnut-headed Bee-eater, Brown Coucal, Red-breasted Parakeet, Oriental Scops Owl, Brown Hawk Owl, Edible nest Swiftlet, Common Snipe, Black-naped Tern, White-bellied Sea Eagle, Black-naped Oriole, Andaman Drongo , Orange-headed Thrush, Olive backed Sunbird. Thereafter proceed back to Mount Harriet to pick up those missed earlier. Return by evening.
Day 4: Port Blair - Birding at Farargunj and additional tour of city and shopping.
Birding at Farar Ganj & in the afternoon visit areas for Andaman endemics missed out during earlier trips.
Shopping and City tour in Port Blair as per time availability.
Day 5: Departure
Tour Ends here you will be dropped at the airport to fly back to home with beautiful memories.
Price: US $ 1100 per person (ex flights), on Twin share, based on 2 people travelling.
(There would be a surcharge of $ 30 from 20 December to 10 January)
Inclusions: Price includes accommodation on full board, surface transportation, airport transfers, guide fees, entrance fees. This trip can also be tailor-made.
Specially trained and certified guides are available with us.
NOTES FOR BIRDERS TO ANDAMAN ISLANDS
Kalypso Adventures welcomes you to an interesting and productive birding trip to the Andamans. This document provides information about your holiday including information about modes of transport, your guide and about the weather and equipment.
ALL VISITORS TO INDIA MUST OBTAIN A VISA BEFORE DEPARTURE
In addition, att Port Blair (Andaman Islands), you will need to fill in a few forms on arrival. No separate entry permit is required prior to arrival.
INFORMATION ON WEATHER, CLIMATE & CLOTHING
In general the weather will be warm and pleasant – hot during the day and pleasant during nights.
The Andamans being in the tropics, has a steady temperature throughout the year. The rainy season starts by May and goes on till October.
The monsoon months are from May to October, with June & ly being the peak rainy months.
Cottons are recommended.
Your birding guide will be with you throughout the tour. He would be responsible for birding as well as sorting all your logistics during the tour.
All accommodation on the tour is a luxury hotel. All meals are included.
FOOD & WATER
Food provided by the hotel will be safe for you – there is little risk to your health. If you wish to buy your own food, snacks or beverages at any time, we recommend that you ask for advice from your guide. In general – hot beverages (tea and coffee) are fine.
General: India is located in south Asia. Its climate is mostly tropical or sub-tropical and subject to seasonal monsoon winds, especially the southwest rain during summer. (Dec to Mar are dry months)
India is an economically developing democratic republic and has worked very hard to control diseases. Adequate medical care is available in the major population centers, but is usually limited in the rural areas of the country. Many developed countries are utilizing the state-of-the-art medical services available in India. The cost of treatment is much cheaper here in comparison to the same facilities available in advanced countries.
The most important cause of illness of travelers in India is food and waterborne diseases. Viruses, bacteria, or parasites can cause diarrhea. Infections may cause simple diarrhea and vomiting, fever, or, in extreme cases, liver damage (hepatitis).
Malaria: The regions you will be passing is Malaria-free.
Insurance: We recommended that you take your insurance that covers illnesses and accidents abroad.
Precautions: During this birding trip you need not worry about your fitness if you take simple precautions.:-.
Carry all the important prescriptions and OTC medicines. Do not forget to have the brand names as well as the generic names of the medicines one needs to have.
Wear a sun hat when exposed.
Drink plenty of fluids. Do not drink tap water. Use only bottled mineral water which is always kept in the back of your vehicle.
Carry your personal medical kit and insect repellent.
To prevent fungal and parasitic infections, keep feet clean and dry, and do not go barefoot.
Do not eat food purchased from street vendors.
Do not drink beverages with ice.
Do not eat dairy products unless it is known that they have been pasteurized.
Avoid handling animals (especially monkeys, dogs, and cats) to avoid bites and serious diseases.
Yellow fever: Although yellow fever does not occur in India, proof of appropriate vaccination may be required depending on countries visited before coming to India. Any person (except infants up to the age of six months) arriving by air or sea without a certificate is detained in isolation for a period up to six days if he or she:
Arrives within six days of departure from an infected area, or
Has been in such an area in transit.
Has come on a ship which has started from or touched at any port in a yellow fever infected area within 30 days of its arrival in India provided such ship has not been disinfected in accordance with the procedure laid down by WHO, or has come by an aircraft that has been in an infected area and has not been disinfected in accordance with Indian or WHO regulations
The following countries and areas are regarded by India as infected:
Angola, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central
African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Ecuador,
Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea,
Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Peru,
Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan,
Surinam, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania,
Venezuela, Zaire, Zambia.
Malaria: The areas you pass through are malaria-free.
No other vaccination certificate is mandatory, though you may like to consult your doctor for inoculation against typhoid, hepatitis A, and meningitis. Visit your doctor at least 4-6 weeks before the trip to allow time for shots to take effect.
The following vaccinations can be thought about depending upon your doctor’s advice:-
Hepatitis A or immune globulin (IG); Japanese encephalitis, only if planning to visit rural areas for four weeks or more;
Rabies, if someone is exposed to wild or domestic animals during recreation.
Medical Information Update
Information given above are liable to change from time to time and one should contact the Indian missions of the respective country or the government tourist offices for more information.
Trekking/ walking or running shoes ( trainers)
Campshoes or throngs ( flip-flops)
Socks – Cotton. One pair woolen or polypropylene
Sweater or light jacket
Hiking shorts or skirts
Light Waterproof jacket / poncho
T-shirts or Blouses
Sunhat (wide brim preferable)
Small Rucksack (day pack)
Flashlight with spare batteries and bulb
Sunblock ( at least SPF-35 for the higher altitudes)
Hand Towels for day use
Personal medical kit
Bandana / sweatband
Tripods/ telescopes & allied equipment
Global positioning system GPS
Laptop or Notebook for recording bird lists etc
Water Bottle: Suggest carry on person either in day pack or on belt.Depends upon group sizeAll flight
other than above mentioned inclusions
Address : Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, India
Facility : Airport Transfer, Banquet, Restaurant, Wakeup Services
Decent and Luxury
- All flight
other than above mentioned inclusions
Terms & Conditions :
- The above package cost is meant for a couple (2 Adults).
- Package included with Bed and Breakfast only.
- In order to book a package a confirmation mail need to be sent in the company’s e-mail id.
- No bookings will be confirmed over the phone or any other mode of communication accepts mails.
- Once the confirmation mail is received the rooms will be blocked as per the availability in the hotels.
- The rates are subjected to change by the hotel without any prior information so if this happens the client need to bear the charges.
- All the bookings will be considered as 100% confirm only after receiving 50% of the package amount as company need to pay all the hotels in advance in order to confirm the booking.
- If payment has to be done from online gateway then client has to pay an extra 2 % of bank charges on total amount deposited.
- Bookings come between (December 15 – January 15) client has to pay 100% of the package amount.
- A confirmation mail need to be sent with the deposit slip attached after depositing the 50% of amount.
- Once the amount is received company will send you the soft copy of the confirmation voucher with the complete details of itinerary, hotel bookings and payment details.
- As being a package tour operator we do not deal with flight tickets. So client need to book the flight tickets (Too and Fro) by their own.
- Ferry tickets which includes luxury ferry (Makruzz & Coastal) and Govt. Ferry will be booked in advance. No fixed seats can be booked in govt. ferry but in Makruzz we will provide you fixed seats according to the class mentioned in the package.
- Child above 2 yrs is liable for full entry charges in case of Lime stone cave at Baratang island only.
- Ferry tickets, hotel confirmation voucher and a hard copy of the booking confirmation voucher will be handed over to the client on the day of arrival.
- As the company website is a static where changes cannot be made so for current rates of the package client need to contact us.
- Vehicles are charged on per day basis based on sightseeing so any extra usage of the vehicles will be charged extra.
- Airport pick up and drop is complimentary from our company but any other usage will be charged extra
- All the personal belonging has to been taken care by the client on their own risk and the company will not be responsible for any loss or theft.
- The standards check in and checkout time for all the hotels (Port Blair, Havelock,and Neil etc.) is 0800 hrs. And early check in and late checkout depends on the rooms availability and also there is a possibility that hotel may charge extra for early check in and late checkout.
- Any sort of up-gradation weather it’s a hotel room type, Makruzz tickets or package up gradation will be charged extra and client has bear the cost.
- The itinerary are subjected to change due to govt. or public holidays or due to some notice issued by Govt. but all the changes will be informed to client on day to day basis.
- All the cancellation has to done through mail communication. A written confirmation has to be provided by the client if the client is cancelling the tour.
- No phone communication will be entertained and cancellation will only be processed from day of receiving a confirmation mail for cancellation.
- 10% processing fee will be charged for the cancelation done on or before 30 days and the remaining amount will be refunded.
- 50% processing fee will be charged for the cancellation done before 21 days and the remaining amount will be refunded.
- No refund will be provided for the cancellation done less than 20 days or for No show.
- No refund for the client if the client is cancelling the tour in middle.
- No refund will be provided if the client does not use any of the facilities like hotels, water activities, vehicles etc.
- All refunds will be made through online or through cheque and will take 07 to 10 of working days.
- The company will not be responsible for any refund if the tour is affected due to weather condition or any natural cause.